GEC ANDERSON KITCHENS FOR DANISH CHURCH OF ST KATHERINE
The Danish Church in London has been in existence, since 1696. Since 1952, it has occupied St Katherine’s, a neo gothic Church sited in the calm and secluded setting of London’s Regent’s Park, forming part of the Crown Estate.
A recent refurbishment of the Church has been undertaken, overseen by Architects CF Møller and carried out by, main contractor, Coniston. The work included three new kitchens, communal spaces, and vicarage.
GEC Anderson were employed to supply and install the three kitchens occupying two levels of the historic building. Liaising closely with the Architect, GEC Anderson were able to produce and install the required kitchen surfaces and fabrications as well as the required package of commercial kitchen appliances.
Managing director of GEC Anderson, Martin Tye, commented “Space was very much a limiting factor in all three of the areas that we were involved with and so, it was a real challenge to be able to accommodate and include all of the necessary elements. Following the careful guidance of the design team, we were able to translate the requirements set out on paper into a tangible result for the client. This also involved meeting with the end user team and understanding the order of priorities.”
Certain areas included high ceilings and so some tailored storage options were provided to maximise the useable space. Shelving and cabinets were included to provide the appropriate storage.