NEW TUDOR HALL TEACHING BUILDING UTILISES GEC ANDERSON TECHNOLOGY
The creation of an ultra-modern Teaching Building as a new core to a long established school in Oxfordshire, has included the installation of custom designed and manufactured stainless steel sinks, worktops and splashbacks and other units from GEC Anderson for several of the different technical spaces.
The Tudor Hall School, originally founded in 1850 by the Rev TW and Mrs Todd at a site in Salisbury, has been at its present location at Wykham Park in Banbury since World War II, while the past decade has seen some £15 million invested in ensuring the Independent Girls Boarding and Day School offers the best possible facilities.
The Birmingham office of ADP Architects has been responsible for the design work on this latest project, while Clegg Construction Ltd of Nottingham was the main contractor carrying out the work. Acting as a specialist sub-contractor, GEC Anderson conducted site visits and liaised with the project team in order to ensure its custom fabrications met the schools health & safety as well as technical and teaching requirements.
GEC Anderson also worked closely with Tudor Hall Bursar, Neil Farquhar to ensure its site installation visits in no way interfered with the academic activities as lessons continued throughout normal term time.
One of the architects involved with the project from early on commented “The GEC Anderson sinks, work-surfaces and other fabrications were specified for the Food Technology Area as well as units for the Ceramics and Textiles rooms. The new centre opened on schedule last Easter in time for the start of the 2018 summer term and everyone involved has been pleased with the results.”